Remarketing, or retargeting, is gaining traction as a powerful dental marketing strategy. Here's what you should know about remarketing and how it can benefit your dental office.
Google Remarketing Defined
Google remarketing is a digital marketing strategy that displays online ads to users who have previously visited a landing page on your dental website. This allows your practice to stay connected with leads who have visited your website but have not called, filled out a contact form, or come into your office.
Retargeting allows you to customize your marketing efforts to prospective patients that have already indicated an interest in your services by visiting your website. This offers a potential higher return on investment (ROI) compared to other forms of online advertising by targeting good leads without increasing marketing costs.
How a Remarketing Ad Works
If you have retargeting enabled in your ad campaigns, your remarketing partner drops a snippet of HTML code called a "cookie" on the browsers of users that visit your website. Cookies are small, anonymous files that store bits of data about the user's behavior, such as which pages they visit and how long they browse, without capturing identifying or sensitive data like name or address. Then, that data is used to display more personalized ad content on other sites.
Here's an example:
How Does Remarketing Apply to the Dental Practice?
Retargeting is a fairly new concept among dental marketing professionals, meaning that your competition may not be using this particular strategy. This is more likely to be the case in smaller cities or rural areas where dentists tend to be more isolated from new industry trends. In addition, practices new to using remarketing techniques may not be using it correctly or maximizing its potential.
Successful remarketing campaigns are both an art and a science, and when done well, can help you grow your dental practice exponentially. It could be an excellent way to stay in front of prospective patients even after they leave your website, reminding them that they're interested in dental care and positioning your practice as the top choice.
Remarketing Campaign Benefits for Dentists
There are numerous benefits of remarketing to your website visitors, including but not limited to:
- Reduced advertising cost. The cost of a remarketing campaign is generally significantly less than standard pay-per-click ads, but with a greater return.
- Higher quality leads. Remarketing targets visitors already interested in your brand versus cold leads.
- Improved conversion rates. With visitors essentially already "warmed up," the chances that they'll convert to customers is much higher. In fact, research shows that the more a user is exposed to an advertisement, the more likely they are to convert.
- Improved ad relevancy. Remarketing gives your dental practice the ability to target people based on behavior, allowing you to try to display the most relevant ads to interested users.
- Stronger brand recall. Generating brand awareness helps position your practice as an industry leader in your area by displaying your ads throughout the web.
Ready to Grow Your Practice? Download Our Free eBook Today
Expanding your dental practice can seem overwhelming with all the different pieces that go into making a practice grow. Get help building your patient list and managing your business effectively with our free eBook designed specifically to help dentists establish a successful practice. Download your copy here.
Insurance products offered through Treloar & Heisel, Inc.
Treloar & Heisel, Inc. and its divisions do not offer marketing advice. Please consult a professional concerning this topic.