Preparing Your Practice for the Unexpected
Disability income insurance can provide for you when an injury or illness hinders your ability to work. It does not help you when one of your partners in the practice is disabled long term and you are faced with having to purchase their shares. For those situations, disability buy/sell insurance may help provide the funds to purchase the disabled partners share of the practice helping to ensure continuation of the practice.
Protecting You, Your Partners, and Your Practice
Protect your investment, the investments of your partners and the value of your business. A buy/sell insurance policy can prepare your practice for the unexpected, with predetermined valuation method(s) for each partner’s share and an agreed upon plan for business continuity.
Explore the policy options available to you and your partners, with the assistance of our experienced team.
Disability Buy/Sell Insurance at a Glance:
- In the event of a partner’s disability, a buy/sell insurance policy can pay the disabled partner for their share of the practice, dissolving their interests in the business.
- Since the market value of a practice can be affected by the disability of a partner, buy/sell agreements can set a predetermined valuation method of each partner’s shares.
- Many plans include a waiting period, known as an elimination period, before disability benefits are paid. This time is set aside for potential recovery from the disabling injury or illness.
- Plan payouts may be a lump sum or paid over a predetermined period of time.
- Benefits are paid in accordance with an underlying buy/sell agreement
Request a Free Consultation to Learn More about Disability Buy/Sell Insurance
Other Featured Services
Protection for staff benefit funds and assets.
Professional Liability Malpractice Insurance
Protection from malpractice lawsuits.
Coverage that helps you devise a plan to help you reach your financial goals.
Business Owner's Protection
Protection from major property and liability risks.